Pattern - Cute as a Cupcake Apron
- 1. Cut 13-1/2"x19-1/2" pink fabric rectangle. Cut top of rectangle for bib, following dashed lines on Fig. 1. Cut one of same shape from white twill for lining.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. Cut pieces from iron-on adhesive slightly larger than cupcake top and bottom. Fuse adhesive pieces to backs of purple and multicolor stripe fabrics. Cut cupcake top (multicolor) and bottom (purple) from fused fabrics, cutting cupcake bottom along dashed lines. Remove backing. Fuse cupcake pieces to pink apron front, following pattern (top of cupcake should be 4" down from top of apron, centered from side to side).
- 3. Blanket stitch around outside edges of cupcake pieces. Use white thread to sew red button to top of cupcake.
- 4. Sew pink and white apron shapes together with right sides facing in, 1/4" from edges, leaving 4" opening at bottom for turning. Trim seam at corners. Turn apron right side out through opening. Sew opening closed.
- 5. Pin lace to top and bottom of apron, folding ends of lace over to back side. Blanket stitch over top of lace to join lace to apron.
- 6. Use tape measure around child's neck to determine length of neck strap. Cut ribbon length of neck measurement plus 2". Fold ends of ribbon over 1". Place folded ends of ribbon over top of apron at sides. Sew white buttons on top of ribbon with floss to attach it to apron.
- 7. Cut two 21" lengths from ribbon for waist ties. Fold ends of ribbon over 1" and sew to apron at top of straight sides in same way as neck strap.
- 1. Pin and press fabric as needed. Use three strands floss for all blanket stitches.