Pattern - Cut-Out Flower Shirt
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Use marker to trace pattern onto shirt bodice.
- 2. Cut 6-1/2" mottled fabric circle. Place circle inside shirt under drawn flower with right side of fabric facing shirt; pin in place.
- 3. Use white thread to sew running stitch around flower, 1/8" from drawn line. Cut out flower from shirt fabric along drawn line, letting green fabric show through.
- 4. Sew a running stitch around stitched green flower to prevent fabric from fraying after it is trimmed. (Note: Do not sew through shirt fabric.) Trim fabric 1/8" from edge of stitching.
- 5. Cut 1-3/4" circle from solid fabric. Place circle in center of fabric flower. Use brown thread to sew running stitch around circle, 1/8" from edge. Pull on edges of fabric circle for a frayed look. Sew seven green beads to center of disc beads inside fabric circle. To do this, insert threaded needle through fabric, disc bead, green bead, back through disc bead, and fabric.
- 6. Use brown thread to sew green bead to each of the inside flower points around circle.