Pattern - Christmas Tree Quilt
Pattern - Fabric Cutting Chart
- 1. Refer to Fabric Cutting Chart to cut fabrics as indicated.
- 2. Following quilt diagram, sew short B strips to sides of A rectangles. Sew long B strips to top and bottom of assembled rectangle. Sew short C strips to sides of assembled rectangle. Sew long C strips to top and bottom of assembled rectangle. Fabric piecing for quilt top is complete.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns. Cut three tree shapes from green felt (one from each color). Cut dove from white felt. Pin tree shapes to natural homespun background rectangles, centering them from side to side and leaving space at bottom for placement of three buttons. Transfer garland details to trees.
- 4. Use red floss to feather stitch around outside edges of trees. Use gold floss to feather stitch along garland lines on trees. Use green floss to feather stitch around outside edge of dove.
- 5. Cut pieces from batting and backing fabric that are same size as quilt top. Baste batting rectangle to wrong side of quilt top. Sew piping around quilt top 1/4" from edge, beginning and ending in a corner, clipping piping seam at corners as you sew. Sew quilt back to front with right sides together along piping stitching, leaving 5" open along one side for turning. Trim seam at corners. Turn quilt right side out. Hand sew opening closed.
- 6. Machine quilt along border and tripping seams. (Note: Attach safety pins to quilt to hold layers together while working.) Quick Tip: Quilting is optional when using Warm & Natural batting because batting does not require stitching to hold it together.
- 7. For each tree, use red floss to sew gold button to top, four bright colored buttons to tree, and three brown/black buttons in vertical row centered under tree, knotting thread ends on back side of quilt.
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, using 1/4" seam allowance, pinning and pressing as needed. Use three strands of floss for all embroidery.
- 1. Use patterns and leftover fabric to make a coordinating throw pillow.