Batty Applique Tote
size: 8-1/2"x10" tall
- Black tote bag, 8-1/2”x10”
- Orange fabric scrap
- Lime green rick rack
- Tulip Fashion Art Express Yourself Iron-On 3-D Applique*: Large Bat
- Black craft thread or pearl cotton
- Aleene’e Fabric Fusion Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive*
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Iron and pressing board
- *Products by Duncan Enterprises
- 1. Use decorative-edge scissors to cut 5-1/2" square from orange fabric.
- 2. Place appliqué over center of square. Place pressing cloth over appliqué. Follow manufacturer's instructions to iron appliqué onto fabric.
- 3. Apply glue to back of square only behind appliqué. Apply square to center front of tote.
- 4. Cut two rick rack lengths to fit side to side and two pieces to fit top to bottom of front of tote. Squeeze small bead of glue onto back of longer rick rack length and apply horizontally across upper part of appliqué. Glue second horizontal length, then vertical lengths to tote.
- 1. For best results, read all instructions before beginning project. Use photo as color and placement guide throughout.