Add a bit of style and flair to your home décor by stitching this beautiful easy-to-make monogram pillow.
- Fabrics: Floral print, 1/2 yd.; Coordinating solid, 3/8 yd.
- Flower trim: 1/2", 1-1/2 yds.; 1/4", 2 yds.
- Self-adhesive stitched monogram, 4"
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Needle and matching thread
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Tea bags and paintbrush (optional)
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- scissors, ruler, straight pins, iron and pressing surface
- 1. Sew seams with right sides of fabrics facing, using 1/4" seam allowance.
- 1. From floral print fabric, cut two 3-1/2"x10" strips and two 3-1/2"x16" strips. From coordinating solid, cut one 10" square and one 16" square.
- 2. Sew short floral strips to top and bottom and long floral strips to sides of 10" square. Press seams open.
- 3. With right sides facing, sew pieced pillow front to 16" square, leaving 3" opening for turning. Trim corners at angle; turn right side out. Stuff pillow; hand-sew opening closed.
- 4. Hand-stitch 1/4" trim to outside pillow edge. Adhere flower trim around solid square edge on pillow front. (Note: Use straight pins to hold in place while adhering.)
- 5. To antique monogram, if desired, make a strong cup of tea. Paint tea onto monogram; let dry. Remove backing and apply monogram to pillow.