Baby Jar Animal Favors
These baby elephants, giraffes, and monkeys are ready to help celebrate the arrival of your little one!
Baby Jar Animal Favors
- Baby food jars, three
- Felt: 9”x12” sheets: yellow, blue, brown, tan
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Curling ribbon: 12” lengths, three each: blue, yellow, pink
- Thread: black, white
- Black seed beads, six
- Assorted plastic baby trinkets
- Sewing machine
- DecoArt Antique Lace No-Prep Metal Paint
- Powdered blush
- Chenille stems
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Gem-tac Permanent Adhesive, glue gun and sticks
- scissors, sponge, needle, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Pattern - Baby Jar Animal Favors
- 1. Materials listed are for set of three.
- 1. Remove labels from baby food jars; wash and let dry. On covered work surface, sponge lids Antique Lace; set aside.
- 2. Cut out patterns and felt as indicated. Machine or hand stitch coordinating pieces together with white thread, leaving small openings for stuffing. Stuff pieces; stitch openings closed. (Note: Stuff body pieces firmly in order for characters to stand upright.)
- 3. Use black thread to sew beads to faces for eyes and monkey's nose. Apply blush to animals' cheeks and monkey's ears, hands, and feet.
- 4. Use glue gun to adhere the following: elephant's ears to head and arms to body; giraffe's neck to center back of arms. Use craft glue to adhere body and feet to jars. Wrap chenille stems around body pieces to hold in place while drying. Adhere spots to giraffe's neck.
- 5. For each jar, tie center of three ribbon lengths together and curl ends. Tie trinkets to ribbon centers; adhere to jar lids. Fill jars with candy.
- Baby Shower Games
- 1. Measure the Mother-To-Be: Place spools of ribbon and scissors at tables. Ask guests to each cut a length that they think will fit perfectly around the mom-to-be's belly. The closest length wins.
- 2. Diaper the Baby: Divide guests into pairs. Provide each pair with a baby doll, diaper, and doll clothing. The teams must diaper and dress the dolls using only one hand. The fastest dressers win.
- 3. Candy Count: Fill a plastic baby bottle with small candies. Have guests guess the number of candies in the bottle.
- 4. Stork Bingo: Photocopy and pass out blank bingo cards. Have guests fill in squares with items they think the mom-to-be will receive as gifts. As gifts are opened, guests mark items on cards until someone marks off a row (Bingo).
- 5. New Wardrobe: Place a onesie or baby shirt at each place setting, and fabric paints in center of table. Guests decorate a new "wardrobe" for baby. (Insert cardboard between layers of clothing to protect back sides while painting.)
- 6. Baby Name Race: Provide guests with paper and pen. See who can come up with the most names in one minute. Do girls' names, then boys' names.
- 7. Advice for the New Mom: Decorate a sheet of paper with a "baby theme" (footprints, duckies, etc.). Have guests write advice to the new mom. Place all sheets together in a nice scrapbook for her.