Botanical Screenprint Throw Pillows
sizes: 15"x15", 10"x10", 7"x10"
- Fat quarter fabric, two each: pink, off-white, soft red
- Polyester fiberfill
- Button thread
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Martha Stewart Crafts: Craft Squeegee, Botanical Adhesive Silkscreens
- Acrylic paints: black, off-white
- scissors, newspaper, ruler, wax paper, sewing needle, painter’s tape
- 1. For pillow set, cut two 15-1/2"x15-1/2" red, two 10-1/2"x10-1/2" off-white, and two 7-1/2"x10-1/2" pink fabric squares.
- 2. On covered work surface, tape one fabric square to newspaper so fabric will not move or shift.
- 3. Following manufacturer's instructions, place silkscreen design on fabric. Smooth to adhere. At top of silkscreen design, squeeze small line of black or off-white paint. Using craft squeegee, pull paint downward over silkscreen design until screen has been covered. Remove excess paint from squeegee. Lift screen and place in water (so paint will not dry on screen). Repeat process, covering each fabric square with flower or leaf images. Let dry. Clean silkscreen following manufacturer's instructions.
- 4. For red pillow, repeat Step 3 using black paint and overlapping previously screened off-white flower images. Let dry.
- 5. With right sides facing and using 1/4" seam allowance, machine sew around fabric squares leaving 3" opening on one side.
- 6. Clip corners and turn fabric right side out. Stuff pillow firmly with polyester fiberfill.
- 7. Using button thread and needle, slipstitch opening closed.
- 1. Apply even pressure when pulling squeegee across silkscreen. Reapply paint if needed. Clean and dry squeegee as needed.