Pattern - Halloween Felt Treat Bags
Pattern - Goblin Snack Mix
- 1. Using a 1/2" seam allowance, cut two 6"x7-1/2" rectangles each from Lava Rock, Grass Skirt and Pina Colada felt. Press and pin as needed. Cut one set of same color handles for each bag that measures 1"x8". Set handles aside.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse remaining Lava Rock, Black, Pina Colada, Copper, Sea Grass felt and fabric to webbing with iron. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer patterns to fused felt and fabric; cut out. For cat bag, cut cat from Lava Rock, eyes from Sea Grass, mouth from Copper, and teeth and nose from Pina Colada. For skull bag, cut skull back from Black, skull from Pina Colada, skull eye socket, nose socket and mouth socket from Black. For pumpkin bag, cut pumpkin from orange fabric, stem from Sea Grass and face features from Lava Rock.
- 3. Place patterns on one felt rectangle and fuse in place with iron, referring to photo for placement. Thread needle with three strands of embroidery floss. Use blanket stitch for edges of all patterns. Use Citron floss for cat face, Orange floss for pumpkin's facial features, White floss for skull back and facial features and Black floss for all remaining patterns. Blanket stitch edges of all handles Black except Lava Rock, using Dark Green Gray floss.
- 4. Place felt bag right sides together and sew three sides closed with sewing machine, leaving top side open for bag and turning. Turn bags right sides out. Use embroidery needle and black thread to blanket stitch top edges of bag. Attach handles to inside front and inside back of bag with needle and thread. Tie a grosgrain box and sew to front of skull bag as shown.
- 5. Use paper trimmer to cut patterned papers to desired sizes for tags. Cut white cardstock slightly smaller than paper. Glue layers together. Use ink to stamp desired sentiments on white cardstock. Punch hole in top of tag and tie to bag handles with assorted ribbons.