Pattern - Spring Food Gift Jars
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer patterns to wool felt and cut out.
- 2. For bunny jar, use felting tool and pad to cover bunny in off-white roving. Pull small piece from orange and felt carrot shape in bunny center. Use moss for three leaves at top of carrot. Sew pebble bead to eye dot and backstitch carrot lines. For carrot jar, needle felt carrot with orange roving. Pull small pieces from moss roving for carrot details in center, top and bottom of carrot. Cut leaf from olive felt. Trace 4" oval onto brown felt; cut out with scallop-edge scissors.
- 3. Paint jar lid. Let dry and apply varnish. Use sanding block to lightly distress lids, letting metal show through. Apply varnish.
- 4. Cut 4"x12" rectangle from patterned paper. Apply stick tape to edges and adhere to jar. Glue motif and ovals to jar. Cut 13" ribbon lengths; glue to top and bottom edges of patterned paper strip.
- 5. Print recipe on off-white cardstock; trim to tag shape. Punch hole in tag. Ink edges brown and tie to jar with fabric or rickrack.