Pattern - Needle Felted House Ornaments
- 1. Print out patterns. Use template to cut single house base, two gables, three roof pieces and a pair of white snowdrifts from wool felt.
- 2. Wrap felt around five sides of STYROFOAM Cube. The sixth top side will remain uncovered for now.
- 3. Cut a 1-3/4"x1" door and various sized windows from contrasting colored felt. Use pen styled tool to needle felt cut pieces directly through the base into the STYROFOAM. Quick Tip: For added interest, layer smaller white and blue cut windows on top of the plain door and window sashes.
- 4. For added dimension, add shrubs, wreaths and/or heart from tiny pieces of wool roving to house. Use single felting needle to attach pieces directly through felt. Small strands of white roving gives these accents a snow-dusted appearance.
- 5. Use sewing needle and matching thread to hand stitch felt gable top front and back sides of house.
- 6. Stack three roof layers together and position snow drifts along either edge. Pin everything in place and run roof through sewing machine. Sew 1/4" from outside edge and trap snowdrifts in seam. Make additional decorative vertical, horizontal or wavy patterns across roof as desired.
- 7. For hanger, sew cord through center top of roof and knot ends.
- 8. Hand sew finished roof to top of house, stopping halfway to lightly stuff gabled roof portion, then sew remaining area closed.