Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Black; Light Buttermilk; Metallic Glorious Gold
1. To stencil, apply stencil adhesive to back of stencil and adhere stencil to fabric.
2. Use photo as guide to stencil: table cloth and napkins with Black Verdalee Swirls; placemats with Black Décor Border; chair covers with Black Grandeur Bombay and Valencia Floral.
3. Basecoat flowerpot and ball knobs Light Buttermilk, and rim and saucer Black. Stencil Flourish Scrolls Black and Metallic Glorious Gold. Dot ball knobs Glorious Gold. Glue ball knobs to saucer bottom.
1. Fit and position stencil on project before beginning.
2. Use tape and/or spray adhesive, such as Krylon's Easy-Tack Repositionable Adhesive, to anchor stencil.
3. Use separate brush for each paint color.
4. Hold brush close to bristles for more control.
5. Tap brush tip in paint and swirl on paper towel to load evenly. Use as little paint as possible. Swirl lightly on stencil, then move over cut opening. Continue swirling until space is evenly colored. If preferred, use pouncing motion instead.
6. Shade or accent edges of stencil by swirling brush around edge without crossing center. Swirl first in one direction, then the other, for a smooth look. Work darker colors over lighter ones.
7. If paint smears or smudges under stencil edge, move stencil over to cover and paint again for sharp edge.
8. Most mistakes are caused by too much paint on brush.
9. Following manufacturer's instructions, clean stencils and brushes before storing.