Jacquard Products Pearl-Ex Duo Red/Blue Pigment Powder
Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Glue
scissors, ruler, pins, paintbrush, paper towel, iron
1. Use 1/4" seam allowance throughout for all machine stitching.
1. With right sides facing, machine stitch nine 3-1/4" squares together, creating three rows of three squares each for total of nine patchwork block.
2. With right sides facing, machine stitch one pink strip (border) onto edge of block. Trim excess; press seam open. Repeat process to stitch remaining strips to block, creating mini quilt top. Press well using iron.
3. Referring to photo, use three stands pink floss to embroider fly stitch on seams of quilt top.
4. Referring to photo, stitch one button, lace scrap, patchwork heart, or felt heart into each square on quilt top.
5. To create clay hearts, roll out thin layer of paperclay. Press rubber stamp into clay and remove. Use cookie cutter to cut heart shape. Paint hearts white; let dry. Apply pigment powder onto hearts; use paper towel to wipe excess. Use embroidery needle to poke two holes on center of one heart (for button).
6. Glue one clay heart and attach clay button heart onto quilt top.
7. With right sides facing, layer and pin backing to quilt front. Pin batting to top of quilt.
8. Machine stitch around quilt leaving 3" opening at bottom. Turn right side out; clip seam allowance and corners. Press borders using iron.
9. Use two strands pink floss to slip stitch opening closed.