Scraperfect Embellie Gellie or tool for positioning crystals
GS Hypo Cement
toothpick, gloves, rubbing alcohol, timer
1. Scoop equal parts of A and B the size of large marbles from EasySculpt Epoxy Modeling Clay wearing gloves. Mix together following manufacturer's instructions.
2. Dust gloves with talcum powder and flatten clay into large circle. Place clay over top of egg and gently stretch it to reach bottom. Trim away any excess and smooth seams with gloved fingers. Pierce air pockets with needle tool and smooth with finger until pierced hole disappears.
3. Dust Teflon sheet with talcum powder. Place egg on sheet and set timer to 30 minutes for clay to become firm. Use gloved hand to smooth out any wrinkles in clay. Set timer for 10 minutes and smooth again. Repeat again at 10-minute intervals until egg is smooth. Roll egg in palms for a smooth finish all over.
4. Scoop equal parts of A and B the size of large marbles from EasySculpt Epoxy Modeling Clay wearing gloves. Mix together following manufacturer's instructions. Split clay into sections and flatten into circle. Add few drops of desired color into each section and mix well. Powder gloves as needed while working in colors. Use rubbing alcohol and tissue to clean gloves of any residue. Set timer for 10 minutes for clays to become firm.
5. Dust Teflon sheet with talcum powder. Pull small amounts of clay from each color and roll on powdered sheet to form 1/8" thick snakes. Wrap and shape coils onto egg as shown. Place crystals as shown and adhere.
6. Form 1/4" wide clay log and cut it into 1/4" long pieces. Cut some pieces in half, some into fourths and some into smaller pieces. Roll each piece into a ball to create graduating sizes. Set aside to firm up. Apply dots of adhesive along curves of coil and position graduating sized balls along curve.
7. Roll out another 1/4" wide clay log and cut into 1/4" long pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and taper one end to form teardrop shape. Press needle tool tip into middle of each teardrop and reform tip of each point.
8. Position teardrop pieces at an angle around outside curves of coils with points facing in. Secure using adhesive. Add more coils in empty spaces and embellish with balls, teardrops and crystals.
1. EasySculpt Clay can be sticky to work with, so wear gloves at all times. If you find it difficult to roll the snakes with freshly mixed EasySculpt, allow the clay to firm up for 10-15 minutes and try again. As the clay becomes firmer, you'll need to use adhesive to attach the embellishments. It's best to mix and color small quantities of EasySculpt as you go rather than mixing one large batch for the embellishments.