Pattern - Bunny Clay Eggs
- 1. Fill bowl with room temperature water and place on worktable. Roll one block of FIMO Air Basic with acrylic roller or side of straight edge drinking glass so clay is 3/16" thick. Wrap clay sheet around egg and press together at top and bottom. Add more pieces of clay until egg is completely covered. Make sure to meet at the join on individual clay pieces and not overlap. Smooth over seams using fingers and a little water until seams are no longer visible.
- 2. For the feet and tail, roll small portions of clay into ball and form into an oval. Stand clay-covered egg up right, refer to photo, and push feet and tail underneath. Press egg down onto them and smooth over with damp finger.
- 3. Print out full-size patterns. Print out ear pattern sheet and cut out. Place pattern onto another 3/16" thick sheet of clay and cut around edges with plastic knife. Repeat to make second ear. Push a wooden skewer into clay ears from bottom. Cut skewers to appropriate length depending on bunny size. Stick both ears into egg body and smooth over joins with damp finger.
- 4. Stand bunny on a flat plate to allow it to be turned back and forth. With damp fingers, smooth bunny surface in a circular motion.
- 5. Use a pointed modeling stick to make indents for horizontal waistband, trouser stripes, and inner ears. For polka-dot trousers, use small glass to make circular indents; for a heart design, use heart-shaped cutter.
- 6. Let dry thoroughly at room temperature. Fill any cracks that appear with fresh clay, even out and let dry again. Smooth over with sanding sponge. Once completely dry, paint them in fun, bright colors. Let dry. Draw on face features using permanent marker. Apply glossy varnish to seal paint. Add silk flowers, thin satin ribbon, and any additional adornments with adhesive.