Gingerbread Candy Holder Ornament
size: 4" tall
- Clay (Polyform): Ultra Light Sculpey; Premo! Sculpey: Blue Pearl; Copper; Fuchsia
- Sculpey Gloss Glaze (Polyform)
- Pearl-Ex Pigment Powder: Brilliant Gold (Jacquard)
- Black seed beads (eyes), size 10/0, two
- White dimensional paper paint
- Lt. blue or white satin ribbon, 1/8”
- Wrapped peppermint candy
- Craft knife
- Gingerbread cookie cutter
- Wire or paperclip
- Clay-dedicated pasta machine or acrylic brayer
- Glass baking dish
- Double-sided tape
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to condition clay. Mix the following: marble-sized ball of Ultra Light with half block of Copper clay to make lt. copper; Ultra Light ball with pea-sized Blue Pearl ball to make lt. blue; pea-sized ball of Ultra Light with lt. blue to make very lt. blue; pea-sized ball of Fuchsia with Ultra Light to make lt. pink.
- 2. Use brayer or pasta machine to roll lt. copper to 1/4" thick. Use cookie cutter to cut out gingerbread. Place gingerbread on baking dish.
- 3. For bow, flatten portion of lt. blue; use craft knife to cut out two triangles. Roll ball knot; press into bow center and press bow onto head.
- 4. For apron, roll and flatten lt. blue. Use craft knife to cut triangle with 2-1/2"-long base. Cut off top of triangle to make trapezoid; place on gingerbread. Cut 1" square for apron bib; press onto gingerbread. Roll two clay strings; flatten, then pinch to form apron ruffles. Press ruffles onto apron around shoulders.
- 5. For straps, roll two strings of Ultra Light and flatten. Place onto apron ruffles and use craft knife to make lines. For smile, roll smaller Fuchsia string; press onto face. For cheeks, roll two tiny lt. pink balls; flatten and press onto smile ends. For nose, roll smaller ball of lt. pink; press in place.
- 6. Push seed bead eyes in place. Use craft knife to indent eyebrows. Place small wire length or paper clip to ornament back for hanging; apply clay dot to secure.
- 7. Carefully fold up apron corners and gingerbread arms in to hold apron. Place mint in apron to ensure proper fit. Remove mint before baking.
- 8. Use small brush to apply gold pigment powder to gingerbread as desired. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake ornament.
- 9. When cool, remove ornament from baking dish. Use dimensional paint to add highlights to eyes and cheeks, and rickrack icing details. Let dry two hours. Apply Gloss Glaze. Tape mint to apron.