- STAEDTLER FIMO Soft Polymer Clay: White, Indian Red, Sunflower, Pacific Blue, Black, Emerald; Liquid Decorating Gel
- Stemware of choice, two
- Clay sculpting tools
- Clay-dedicated pasta or conditioning machine
- Clay extruder
- Smooth ceramic tile and oven
- Kemper Klay Kutters Star Set
- Lisa Pavelka Poly Bonder High Temperature Brush on Adhesive
- craft knife, coarse sandpaper, stylus, ruler
- 1. Hand roll or extrude two 5'x1/8" snakes from Indian Red and White. Position snakes side-by-side on work surface.
- 2. Apply 1/2" of adhesive to glass stem at a time; begin wrapping snake at top of stem downward until you reach base. Trim away any excess clay at base of stem.
- 3. Run Indian Red on fourth-largest setting of pasta machine so it's slightly larger than base of glass. Adhere around base and trim excess.
- 4. Press coarse sandpaper over Indian Red clay base for texture. Apply thin layer of decorating gel over textured base using fingertip.
- 5. Extrude 1/8"-thick White snakes. Form snakes into "Believe!" or another sentiment on base.
- 6. Run White on fifth-largest setting of pasta machine. Cut out several large stars using star cutters. Repeat to create same number of smaller stars from Indian Red. Stack smaller stars over larger stars and press around clay base.
- 7. Twist 1/8"-thick Indian Red and White snakes together. Apply around base of glass using adhesive. Trim excess away.
- 8. Bake glass on ceramic tile in preheated oven at 230°F for 30-40 minutes. (Note: Glasses should be hand washed and dried immediately after. Do not place in dishwasher.)
- Holiday Lights
- 1. Extrude two 3'x1/8" snakes from Emerald clay. Twist snakes together to form rope.
- 2. Apply 1/2" adhesive to glass stem at a time; begin wrapping rope at top of stem downward until you reach base. Trim away excess clay at base of stem.
- 3. Run White on fourth largest setting of pasta machine so it's slightly larger than base of glass. Adhere around base and trim excess. Texture White clay base by pouncing stylus across surface. Apply thin layer of decorating gel over textured base using fingertip.
- 4. Loop remaining Emerald rope from Step 1 back and forth over base of glass. Trim away excess.
- 5. Make five 1/4" clay balls each from Indian Red, Sunflower, and Pacific Blue. Clean hands thoroughly between colors. Slightly flatten each ball and gently pinch one side to form teardrop shape.
- 6. Extrude 1/16"-thick Black snake. Cut Black snake in half and position lengths side-by-side. Gently press together; cut into 3/8" lengths. Apply to each clay "bulb" along wide end.
- 7. Adhere clay "bulbs" over clay base along edges of twisted Emerald ropes. Spot glue twisted Emerald rope around base of glass.
- 8. Bake glass on ceramic tile in preheated oven at 230°F for 30-40 minutes. (Note: Glasses should be hand washed only and dried immediately after. Do not place in dishwasher.)
- 1. Condition clay before beginning, starting with lightest colors first. Knead by hand or run several times through the largest setting on a pasta machine.