Pattern - Daisy Trellis Cross
- 1. Print out full-size patterns, click on Magazine, then Patterns. Print pattern; set aside.
- 2. Pour small amount of three blue paint colors onto paper plate. Use sponge to dab paints onto cross. Let dry. To create effect of three different shades of blue, do not mix paint too much. Let dry. Dab glitter paint over cross surface; let dry.
- 3. Transfer trellis lines from pattern onto front of cross. Apply glue to one line at a time and place ribbon on glue. Leave at least 1" on both ends of ribbon for turning to back of cross. Adhere ends on back. Continue adhering ribbon on lines until completed. Let dry.
- 4. Condition all clay until soft and pliable. Roll out Igloo clay onto table. Use flower shape cookie cutter to cut out daisy flower. Use toothpick to mark lines on petals. Repeat process using Pesto clay for leaves. Cut out four leaves and add veins using toothpick. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Roll small ball of Canary clay for flower center and press onto flower. Use toothpick to make crisscross lines in flower center. Bake in oven at 275° for five minutes. Let cool completely before removing.
- 5. Adhere leaves onto cross and flower onto leaves. Let dry several hours or overnight before hanging.