Polyform Sculpey III Oven-Bake Clay: Jewelry Gold, Chocolate, Just Orange
Plastic beads, assorted colors
Clay conditioning machine
ruler, craft knife, parchment-lined baking sheet and oven, craft mat or wax paper
1. Run each clay separately through clay conditioning machine on widest setting. Fold clay in half after each pass and insert fold into roller first. Mix 1/2 block Jewelry Gold with 1/2 block Just Orange to make metallic orange. Mix 1/2 block Jewelry Gold with 1/2 block Chocolate to make metallic brown. In addition, roll one block Jewelry Gold and one block Chocolate separately for four colors total. Roll each color separately into smooth ball.
2. Divide each large ball into fourths; 1/4 of each ball will make one acorn body. Roll each fourth into small ball; taper one side with fingertips creating point for body.
3. Divide each fourth in half to make acorn caps. Roll into small ball; flatten as shown.
4. Press acorn cap onto top of body. Mix and match caps and bodies creating 17 total acorns.
5. Cut 4" wire length for each acorn. Push end of wire into acorn cap. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake acorns in oven. Let cool completely.
6. Thread wire through wreath, loop it back to itself at top of acorn hat, and twist into place attaching to wreath. Curl wire end with round-nose pliers.
7. Cut 5" wire lengths. Twist wire lengths randomly onto wreath where accents are needed. Thread beads onto wire lengths. Bend and curl lengths using round-nose pliers to secure.
1. Polymer clay may stain and damage unprotected surfaces or furniture. Work clay on protected surface such as craft mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Wash hands after use.