Pinecone Placecard Holder
size: 2" tall
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Clay: Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna
- White cardstock
- Sharp knife
- Clay-dedicated baking sheet, parchment paper, and oven
- 1. Condition clay with hands until soft and pliable.
- 2. Roll Burnt Umber clay into 1"x2" egg-shaped base.
- 3. Roll 1/4" ball of Burnt Umber and 1/16" ball of Raw Sienna. Place small ball on top of larger ball and flatten into pinecone petal shape using fingers. Blend line where colors meet with finger. Place petal at top edge of base.
- 4. Continue making petals, placing and layering them around base. Bend edges of petals slightly outward.
- 5. When base is covered, cut 1/2" deep slice into top of pinecone using knife.
- 6. Repeat Steps 1-5 to make additional placecard holders.
- 7. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake pinecone on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
- 8. Cut placecard from cardstock. Write name on center using marker. Position placecard into pinecone slit.