- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Clay: White, Zinc Yellow, Orange, Alizarin Crimson Hue, Cobalt Blue, Green, Spanish Olive
- Ribbon of choice, 1/16”-wide
- Acrylic roller
- Black dimensional paint
- Thick tacky craft glue
- scissors, beverage glass with 3” diameter, plastic placemat for work surface, ruler, pencil, old plastic card, clay-dedicated baking sheet, oven, aluminum foil, paintbrush
- Prepare Clay
- 1. Condition clay until soft and pliable. (Note: Clean hands after working with each color of clay before switching to next color.)
- Round Ornament
- 1. Roll out Alizarin Crimson Hue clay to 1/8" thickness on work surface. Cut circle from clay using beverage glass. Hand cut center 1-1/2" hole in clay circle using plastic card to create photo opening. (Note: Card may be cut into strip to create finer tool.) Place donut-shaped ornament onto baking sheet lined with foil.
- 2. Roll string of Zinc Yellow clay; place around photo opening. Roll tiny balls of Spanish Olive; press into yellow clay string.
- 3. Roll small balls of Zinc Yellow clay; press onto ornament. Roll smaller balls of Spanish Olive clay; press onto center of yellow clay dots.
- 4. Roll and flatten small square of Spanish Olive clay for ornament top. Cut out and mark with lines using plastic card tool. Roll string of Zinc Yellow clay; press onto top of square. Make holes in yellow string using toothpick. Press ornament top onto ornament.
- Snowman Ornament
- 1. Roll large ball of White clay. Roll thin strings of Cobalt Blue, Green, and Spanish Olive clays; wrap around ball. Roll together, then roll into 10" log, twisting while rolling to create candy cane look. Press ends of log together, then gently form square frame.
- 2. Roll 1-1/2" ball of White clay for snowman's head; flatten slightly. Roll tiny teardrop of Orange clay for nose; press onto face. Lightly indent nose with plastic card tool.
- 3. Roll tiny string of Cobalt Blue clay; place over top of head as shown. Make two tiny balls of Cobalt Blue clay. Flatten balls, then press onto string ends to create muffs. Set aside.
- 4. Roll string of Cobalt Blue clay for scarf; slightly flatten. Cut string in half lengthwise using plastic card tool. Press strings onto top of square frame to form scarf, shaping with fingers and indenting end fringe with plastic card tool.
- 5. Press head onto scarf. Place frame on foil-covered baking sheet.
- 6. Roll two teardrops of Green clay; flatten slightly. Fold pointed ends to large ends to form mittens. Cut toothpick in half; push one half into each mitten base. Make angled holes in frame on each side of scarf using another toothpick to mark arm location. Place mittens with toothpick arms onto baking sheet.
- 7. Bake clay according to manufacturer's directions. Let cool completely.
- 8. Apply glue to raw ends of mitten toothpicks; insert glued ends into holes made in frame.
- 9. Add eyes and mouth to snowman's face using dots of black paint.
- 1. Place ornament on desired photo; trace ornament shape onto photo using pencil. Cut out photo inside pencil mark. Glue photos to ornament backs.
- 2. Cut 6" length of ribbon; adhere ribbon ends to back of ornament to form loop. Let dry completely. Repeat to create hanger for remaining ornament. (Note: Let dry two hours before hanging.)