- Polyform Frost White Glitter Premo Sculpey Accents, 4 oz.
- Scrap cardstock sheet
- Glass and metal beads of choice
- Silver jump rings, 10mm
- Silver craft wire, 26-gauge
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Tool Starter Kit
- Snowflake cutter or cookie cutter, 3”
- Clay conditioning machine, acrylic roller, ceramic tile, oven
- Small pliers, two
- Darice Snowflakes and Flourishes Embossing Folder
- ruler, spray bottle of water, scissors
- 1. Condition clay by running through conditioning machine 8-10 times.
- 2. Run clay through conditioning machine on thickest setting. Lightly spritz water inside embossing folder. Position clay inside and close. Using firm pressure, roll over folder. Turn folder over and repeat. Gently open folder to check impression. If satisfied, carefully coax clay off embossing sheet; place on tile.
- 3. Cut out desired number of snowflakes using cutter. Gently remove clay from cutter and smooth edges with blunt-end tool. Round edges of snowflakes using gentle finger pressure.
- 4. Using needle tool, make small hole in one point for hanging. Wiggle tool gently to enlarge and round hole; repeat on reverse side. Repeat for each snowflake.
- 5. Place cardstock then snowflakes on ceramic tile. Bake following manufacturer's instructions. (Note: Cardstock prevents reverse side of snowflakes from becoming shiny.) Let cool completely.
- 6. Cut 8" wire length. Form loop in one end; twist excess wire tightly below loop. Thread desired beads onto wire; form another loop with remaining wire. Trim excess wire. Repeat for each snowflake.
- 7. Open jump ring using pliers. Thread ornament and wire loop of bead strand onto jump ring and close. Repeat for each snowflake.