- Polyform Sculpey III Oven Bake Clay: Red Hot Red, White, Hot Pink, String Bean, Beige
- Eye pin and gold cording
- Polyform Sculpey Tools: Clay Conditioning Machine, Clay Extruder, Clay Tool Starter Set
- White acrylic paint
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- ruler, paintbrush, black marker, pink chalk or blush
- 1. Note: Polymer clay may stain or damage unprotected surfaces and furniture. Use clay on protected surface such as craft mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Wash hands after use.
- 2. Condition all clay by running through conditioning machine for several passes on widest setting. Fold clay in half after each pass and insert folded side into rollers first.
- 3. For face, make 1-1/8" Beige clay ball; flatten. Make cheeks pink by rubbing lightly with chalk. Roll 1/8" Hot Pink ball; indent with ball tool to make mouth. See Photo 1.
Photo 1 to 6
- 4. Extrude White clay using multi-strand disk to make beard strings. See Photo 2. Press strings to face bottom.
- 5. Roll two 1/4" White balls; shape into teardrops and curve ends to form mustache. Roll 1/4" Beige clay ball nose; press to mustache. See Photo 3. Roll two 1/8" White balls; roll into small strings for eyebrows. Press features onto face as shown.
- 6. Shape 1" Red Hot Red ball into long cone for hat. See Photo 4. Press cone onto head. Shape 9/16"-diameter White ball into flattened hatband and 3/8"-diameter White ball for hat end. See Photo 5. Shape and press large log onto bottom of hat and wrap small log around tip to create ball shape. Roll two 1/4" String Green balls; flatten and shape into leaves. Indent leaves with tool to create veins. Make tiny Red Hot Red ball and indent with tool for holly berry. Press leaves and berry onto hat. See Photo 6.
- 7. Roll two 3/16" Red Hot Red balls, shape into teardrops, and join to create heart. Press heart on beard.
- 8. Insert eye pin in top of hat for hanger.
- 9. Bake on parchment-lined baking sheet following manufacturer's instructions. Let cool.
- 10. Draw eyes with marker. Add highlights to nose, cheeks, and eyes using white paint. Let dry. To hang, loop gold cording through eye pin; knot and trim ends.