Springy Celebration Ornament
Add sparkle and fun to your tree this year. This clay ornament is quick and easy so you can create a batch in many color combos!
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Red Glitter Oven-Bake Clay
- Green glass crystals
- Polyform Sculpey: Clay Conditioning Machine, Clay Extruder (with half-circle extruding disc)
- Copy paper
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- 1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Run clay through Clay Conditioning Machine on several passes on widest setting. Fold clay in half after each pass; insert folded side into rollers first.
- 2. Create cone with sheet of copy paper; tape in place.
- 3. Fill extruder completely with Red Glitter clay. Extrude completely.
- 4. Lay extruded piece of clay down on flat side. Using fingers, create point at one end. At other end, create loop and connect back to strip.
- 5. Press crystals firmly into clay in random pattern.
- 6. Starting with pointed end of strip and small point of paper cone, wrap clay around cone.
- 7. Bake clay on paper cone on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool. Remove paper and hang ornament on tree.
- 1. For a different look, mix two colors of clay together to create marbleized look. Run marbleized clay through extruder and follow instructions to wrap around cone.