USA Décor Piece
size: approx. 20"x8"
USA Décor Piece
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Accents Clays: 18k Gold, Blue Pearl, Ecru; Premo! Sculpey Clays Pearl, Pomegranate
- Papier-mâché letters, 8”: U, S, A
- Patriotic print paper, in assorted styles
- Red ribbon or eyelash yarn, small amount
- Polyform Sculpey: Texture Wheel, Acrylic Roller, Basic Shapes and Stars Mini Metal Cutters, Clay Conditioning Machine
- United We Stand rubber stamp (Printworkscollection.com)
- Blue acrylic paint
- Blue inkpad
- 3M Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- 1. Preheat oven to 275º. For best results, use oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. After completing each clay element, position on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- USA Piece
- 1. Condition all clay by running through Clay Conditioning Machine on widest setting. Fold clay in half after each pass; insert folded side into rollers first.
- 2. Mix half package of 18K Gold and half package of Pearl clay. Roll clays into thin sheet using acrylic roller or clay conditioning machine. Use rubber stamp and blue inkpad to stamp saying on clay. Gently tear clay around stamped area.
- 3. Using remaining sheet of mixed clay, roll rope texture head on surface in straight lines, exerting enough pressure for impression. Use craft knife and straight edge to cut three strips.
- 4. Roll thin sheets of clay using remaining colors. Stamp letters "USA" in Ecru clay. Trim around letters using craft knife. Use blue inkpad to apply color on surface of each letter. Position "USA" clay letters on Ecru clay; cut around letters creating tag shape.
- 5. Using star cutters, cut large stars from Pomegranate, small circles from Ecru, medium circles from Pomegranate, and small stars from Blue Pearl clays.
- 6. Trim around sayings on patriotic print paper. Position each saying on Ecru clay; trim around sayings leaving thin border. Repeat process to cut photo backings from clay. Remove paper sayings and photos and set aside.
- 7. Bake all clay pieces on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven; let cool.
- 8. Cover each papier-mâché letter with print paper using quick-dry adhesive. Let dry. On covered work surface, paint edges of letters blue. Let dry.
- 9. Assemble "USA" together by adhering "S" over "U" and "A." Let dry. Adhere paper sayings and photos on clay backing pieces; adhere randomly on design or by using photo as guide.
- 10. Stack and adhere small clay stars and clay circles together; adhere onto curve of "U." Stack and adhere remaining star shapes onto top of "A" and clay rope strips on bottom of "A." Adhere remaining clay shapes randomly on design.
- 11. Tie ribbon onto end of tag shape.