- Polyform Sculpey III Polymer Clay: Black, White, Yellow, Just Orange
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or wooden dowel
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. Roll 2" Black or Yellow clay ball. Shape ball into hen shape, forming head and tail. Smooth edges. Press down on hen, so hen will sit.
- 3. For eyes and pupils, roll two tiny White clay balls and two tiny Black clay balls. Press pupils on eyes; flatten slightly. Press eyes on sides of head.
- 4. For beak, roll small Just Orange ball. Shape ball into cone. Press beak onto end of head.
- 5. For spots, roll tiny Just Orange or Black balls. Press spots on body and head.
- 6. Position hens on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake hens in oven. Let cool completely.
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.