Reindeer Tea Light
Reindeer Tea Light
- Recycled metal jar lid, 3-1/2”
- Polyform Studio by Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay: Anitque Gold, Whipped Cream, Pomegranate, Clover, After Midnight, Desert Sand
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Battery-operated tea light
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or acrylic brayer
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Thick craft glue
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. Roll Whipped Cream clay to 1/8" thickness. Press and wrap clay over metal lid, covering edges. Use toothpick to make details in clay.
- 3. Roll large ball of Clover, large ball of Whipped Cream, and large ball of Pomegranate. Roll all three balls into logs and twist logs together, forming candy cane pattern. Press log around base of white lid; use old credit card to cut ends.
- 4. For reindeer, roll Antique Gold into pear shape (body), small ball (head), and four 3-1/2" logs (arms and legs). Press head on body and arms and legs on head. See photo. Position reindeer on center of white lid.
- 5. For hooves, roll After Midnight into four small balls. Use old credit card to cut slit in center of hooves. Press hooves on ends of arms and legs.
- 6. For ears, roll two Antique Gold teardrops. For inner ears, roll two small Desert Sand teardrops. Press inner ears in ears. For nose, roll tiny Pomegranate ball. Press nose on end of face. Use toothpick to add details on face.
- 7. For scarf, roll small Whipped Cream ball with Pomegranate ball. Flatten and wrap around reindeer's neck. Use toothpick to add fringe ends.
- 8. Position reindeer (on lid) on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake in oven. Let cool.
- 9. Glue wiggle eyes above nose. Position battery-operated tea light on holder.
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.