Staedtler Fimo Soft: Windsor Blue, Sunflower, White
Staedtler Leaf Metal: Gold
Ribbon: sheer; scrap of white
Clay-dedicated pasta machine
Spellbinders: Fleur De Lis Pattern Impressabilities
Small star-shaped cookie cutter
Parchment-lined baking sheet
Beacon Adhesives (527) Multi-Use Glue
scissors, ruler, pencil
1. Measure circumference of candle holder using scrap of white ribbon. Cut template of cardstock 2-1/4"x length of ribbon. See Step 1.
2. Mix one part Windsor Blue clay with eight parts Sunflower to create olive clay. Condition clay until soft and supple. See Step 2.
3. Use pasta machine to roll clay to #1 thickness; double thickness needed and 3/4 length needed. See Step 3.
4. Apply leaf metal to surface area of clay. See Step 4. Roll clay through pasta machine two settings (thinner) to #3 setting to create crackled look. See Step 5.
5. Cut sheet of clay using craft knife and cardstock template. See Step 6. Cut star charm from excess clay; set trimmings aside for later use. See Step 7. Cut mini stars from strip; save stars for later use. See Step 8.
6. Impress design onto clay strip and star charm piece using Impressabilities and hard rubber brayer. See Step 9. Wrap strip around vase. Overlap ends of clay; cut away excess See Steps 10-11. Use finger to smooth edges together. See Step 12.
7. Cut two additional stars over seam edge, removing excess clay with tip of craft knife. See Step 13.
8. Create small log of white clay; cover with excess trimmings. See Step 14. Roll log to 1/4" thickness and wrap around top of vase. Cut ends at angle and smooth edges with finger. Repeat for bottom of strip on vase. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay on parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cool. See Step 15.
9. Lightly buff surface of strip with sanding block to remove leaf metal from surface of embossed strip revealing design below. See Step 16. Repeat sanding on surface of star charm to remove leaf metal design.
10. Tie sheer ribbon around top edge of vase. Glue star to center knot on bow.
1. Create a trio of eclectic pieces and position them together as shown for a wonderful holiday centerpiece.