Easter Lily Cross
Easter Lily Cross
- Jumbo craft sticks, three
- Polyform Sculpey Bake Shop Clay: White, Green, Yellow
- Ribbon, 12" length
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Paints: Sugar Plum, Canary Yellow, Warm White; Extreme Glitter Hologram
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- scissors, ruler, paintbrush, sponge scrap, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint craft sticks Warm White. Let dry. Paint one side of each craft stick Sugar Plum. Let dry. Use end of paintbrush handle to dot craft sticks Canary Yellow. Let dry.
- 3. Glue two sticks together lengthwise. Let dry. Glue remaining stick across glued sticks creating cross shape. Use sponge scrap to apply glue on cross; sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- 4. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 5. For lily, roll 2" White clay ball into cone shape. Use scissors to cut five sections (petals) from cone shape. Use toothpick to add details on petals. Bend petals and press ends together, forming lily shape.
- 6. For lily center, roll tiny Yellow clay logs. Press logs inside petals.
- 7. For stem, roll 1" Green clay ball into log. Press lily on log. Roll two small Green clay balls; form into leaves. Press leaves on stem. Use toothpick to add details on stem and leaves.
- 8. Position lily on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake lily in oven. Let cool completely.
- 9. Glue lily and stem on front of cross.
- 10. To hang, measure and cut 12" ribbon length. Glue ribbon ends on back of cross.