This is an “online only” idea from our 2016 Winter issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
tip:Be sure to clean stencil tools promptly when using stencil paste. Clean stencils flat in a tray of water to avoid bending.
1. Make 4¼”x5½” side fold card from red cardstock. Cut 4”x5¼” panel from black cardstock and adhere to card front.
2. Cut 3¾”x5” from white mixed media paper and stamp Vintage Letters in Tuxedo Black. Distress edges with Antique Linen ink.
3. Using removable tape, adhere stamped white panel to work surface. Adhere Eiffel Tower stencil on top of stamped panel.
4. Apply matte black embossing paste onto paste spreader with palette knife. Hold paste spreader at a 45-degree angle and smooth paste over stencil. Be sure to fill all holes with paste. Remove stencil, return excess paste to jar and clean tools.
5. Apply Black Micro Glitter to wet paste and press lightly. Allow paste to dry completely for 20 minutes and return excess glitter to jar.
6. Secure red cardstock to work surface with removable tape. Adhere Live Love stencil over red cardstock and cover openings of “live” and “laugh” with removable tape. Repeat Step 4 to stencil “love” with regular embossing paste.
7. Apply Crystal Micro glitter to wet paste and press lightly. Allow paste to dry completely for 20 minutes.
8. Trim red panel to 2½”x1¼” and adhere to a slightly larger black panel. Adhere love panel to card front with 3D Adhesive Foam Squares.