Cardstock: rust, black, white
Die cutting machine
Sizzix Magnetic Platform
Stampendous Winter Tweets Cling Rubber Stamp and Die Cut Set
Imagine Crafts VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Pad
Imagine Crafts Splendor Antique 12-Color Ink Pad
STAEDTLER Aquarelle Colored Pencils
Dreamweaver Natural Handle Stencil Brushes
Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives ZipDry Paper Glue, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Adhesive Squares
This is an “online only” idea from our 2016 Fall issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Create 4½”x6” side-fold card from rust cardstock.
2. Cut and adhere 4¼”x5¾” black cardstock panel to card front center.
3. Lightly trace branches template from Winter Tweets Cling Rubber Stamp Set onto 4”x5½” white cardstock using pencil. Color branches as desired with colored pencils adding leaves and berries as shown.
4. Fill white panel background with browns, beiges and very little black using dry brush technique with stencil brushes. Adhere panel to card front.
5. Stamp left-facing Winter Tweet chickadee twice in black ink on white cardstock. Color as desired with colored pencils going over outside lines.
6. Die cut both birds using magnetic platform and Sizzix Big Shot die cutting machine. Align dies carefully.
7. Adhere birds to branches as shown with 3D foam adhesive squares.