Sparkling Poinsettia Window Card
The holidays always sneak up on you, so why not get a head start this year with a festive Christmas card you'll love to make and share?
- Cardstock: white, gold foil
- Heartfelt Creations Sparkling Poinsettia Paper Collection
- Czech beads
- Gold Ribbon
- Die-cutting machine and Heartfelt Creations Dies: Sparkling Poinsettia, Large Sparkling Poinsettia, Everyday Heroes; Spellbinders Large and Small Standard Circle Dies
- Heartfelt Creations Cling Stamp Sets: Sparkling Poinsettia Candle, Sparkling Poinsettia, Large Sparkling Poinsettia
- Distressing tool
- Heartfelt Creations Carmine Red Metallic 3D Stamp Paint
- Spectrum Noir Pens: CT2, DR1, DR2, DR3
- Ranger: Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Paint, Archival Library Green Ink, Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue
- Clear embossing powder
- Adhesives: Heartfelt Creations Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, glue gun and sticks
- 1. Make 6"x6" top-fold card from white cardstock.
- 2. Die cut Large Standard Circle from center circle design of 6"x6" Sparkling Poinsettia Paper Collection card front. Place on front of card base. Tape Large Standard Circle die in place; die cut window into card base. Adhere window over front of card base, lining up die cut circles. Distress inside edge of circle; ink Library Green.
- 3. For panel through card window, fussy cut candy cane stripe and Star of Bethlehem scene. Ink edges; use foam adhesive to mount on center of 4"x5" candy cane stripe panel. Adhere onto 6"x6" soft green panel. Adhere inside card.
- 4. Stamp sentiment and buckle from Sparkling Poinsettia Candle with Library Green on white cardstock. Die cut using Everyday Heros die. Mat sentiment onto gold foil cardstock. Die cut Spellbinders Small Standard Circle as mat for sentiment buckle and arrange on card front, using photo as guide.
- 5. Stamp one set each of Large Sparkling Poinsettia and Sparkling Poinsettia with Library Green on white cardstock. Stamp two sets of leaves. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
- 6. Die cut with appropriate dies. Sponge leaves Library Green and blend in Spectrum Noir CT2. Rub tiny bit of Carmine Red paint over tops of leaves and immediately wipe off with damp paper towel.
- 7. Color poinsettias with Spectrum Noir DR1, DR2, and DR3; blend in CT2. Tap with Carmine Red paint. Let dry. Shape and stack, adhering beads to center. Dot petals and leaves very lightly with Picket Fence paint.
- 8. Create multi-loop bow with ribbon; adhere to top right of card using glue gun. Adhere flowers and leaves. Dot stars with Diamond Stickles.
- 1. Learn how to shape the poinsettias with this step-by-step video https://youtu.be/1INCr0klRIQ