Pattern - Spring is Bursting Collage
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Trace pattern onto back of white cardstock panel that has been trimmed to 10"x10". Trace full pattern of "Spring" and all tree pieces. Only mark dot in center of flowers; these will be punched out later. Cut fully traced items out using craft knife.
- 2. Slide large flower punch upside down carefully through cut background. Place center of flower punch on center marks transferred from pattern and punch. Using photo as guide, cut squares of glitter paper slightly larger than cutouts and position behind main panel. Tape into place.
- 3. Apply glue stick all around outside edge on backside of main panel. Adhere second piece of white cardstock over back of panel, smoothing out toward edges and pressing down on adhesive. Flip project over and trim away excess cardstock using craft knife and ruler.
- 4. Punch additional flowers and circles from glitter paper as follows: 1/8" circles, three Marine, three Silver, three Taffy, four Gold; 1/4" circle, one Taffy; mini round flower, 15 Marine, 15 Gold, 15 Silver, 15 Taffy; mini daisy flower, 22 Marine, 22 Gold, 22 Silver, 22 Taffy; large flower, two Marine, two Silver, one Taffy, one Gold. Set aside one each color for exterior: large flower, mini round flower, mini daisy flower.
- 5. Adhere remaining large flowers to main panel using liquid adhesive. Trim any overhanging petals flush with panel edges. Make centers for each placed large flower by layering mini daisy on top of mini round flower using contrasting colors. Apply adhesive to center of bottom flower; position top flower using tweezers. Adhere centers to flowers. Adhere remaining small flowers and circles to panel, placing daisies on top of round flowers. Let dry.
- 6. Place main panel into frame. Shape remaining flowers with fingers, bending petals upward. Assemble and adhere centers for large flowers; adhere to flowers. Adhere flowers to outside glass using tacky glue applied with paintbrush. Punch and adhere additional shaped mini daisies as desired.
- 7. Hand-cut 21 random grass pieces from green paper, ranging from 3/4" to 1-3/4". Pieces should vary in height and direction. Group pieces into sets of three; adhere outside glass using tacky glue.