Mixed Media Art Journal Banner
This simple lettered sign features a wording banner made with correction tape! Use this technique in your art journal, on card designs, or just about anywhere you need to add a saying.
- Crescent Marker Board or canvas paper or textured cardstock
- Tombow: Dual Brush Pens (665, 676, 679, 177, 249, N15), Mono Twin Permanent Black Marker, WideTrac Correction Tape, Blending Kit (Blending Palette, Mister, Colorless Blender Pen), Sand Eraser
- Plastic stencil
- Rubber stamps
- Paper adhesive
- 1. Cover Blending Palette with Dual Brush Pen color using brush tip. Spritz with water mister; place color side down onto paper. Repeat with variety of colors to cover entire surface. Let dry. To add texture, cover stencil with Dual Brush Pen color, spritz with water, and place onto surface. Let dry.
- 2. Add lettering using Dual Brush Pen.
- 3. To add motifs, cover stamp with Dual Brush Pen color, spritz lightly with water, and stamp onto surface. Let dry.
- 4. For sentiment, draw word boxes with correction tape on scrap paper.
- 5. Working a zigzag design, add background banner pieces and tails with correction tape. Use Sand Eraser to remove notches in tails.
- 6. Using Mono Twin Permanent Black Marker, outline correction tape and add lettering.
- 7. Add color with Dual Brush Pens; blend with Colorless Blender Pen.
- 8. Fussy cut banner; adhere to background.