Happy Mother’s Day Roses Card
On mom's special day, send her elegant roses that will never wither away!
- White cardstock
- 140 lb. watercolor paper
- Self-adhesive pearls
- Jute twine
- Penny Black Stamps: April in Paris, Posted with Love, Footnotes, So Blessed
- Inks: Imagine Crafts Cloudy Sky StazOn, Onyx Black VersaFine; Ranger Archival Tree Branch and Potting Soil
- Watercolor pencils
- Spackling medium
- Ranger Distress Paints: Antique Linen, Wild Honey
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, dimensional adhesive, liquid glue
- scissors, paper trimmer, paintbrush, palette knife, acrylic block, blending tool with foam pad, baby wipes
- 1. Create look of vintage plaster for background by painting watercolor paper with Antique Linen and Wild Honey Paints. Let dry. Use palette knife to apply spackling medium around outer perimeter of background, allowing some color to show through. Let dry. Use fingertip to wipe gesso over raised areas on spackling medium. Adhere to card base using dimensional adhesive.
- 2. Stamp April in Paris on watercolor paper using Cloudy Sky ink.
- 3. Color image using watercolor pencils and blend with water and paintbrush. (Note: Add color only to darkest areas. When adding water, add to white areas and then move into colored areas. This allows water to naturally shade image and blend colors together.) Let dry.
- 4. Stamp Posted with Love and Footnotes onto image using Potting Soil ink. (Note: Before stamping, remove some ink from Footnotes stamp using baby wipe for distressed, vintage look on text background.)
- 5. Ink edges of watercolor panel Tree Branch using blending tool. Carefully fold back top righthand corner.
- 6. Adhere small piece of cardstock behind folded corner and ink edges using Tree Branch ink.
- 7. Trim small tag from cardstock. Stamp sentiment Onyx Black. Ink edges of tag Tree Branch.
- 8. Wrap watercolor panel with twine and adhere to notecard using dimensional adhesive.
- 9. Adhere sentiment tag using dimensional adhesive. Tie twine bow. Embellish with self-adhesive pearl.