Embossed Resist Notecards
size: orange/red, 4-3/8"x4-3/8"; blue/purple, 4-1/8"x4-1/8"
- White textured cardstock
- Ombre patterned paper: red/orange, blue/purple
- St Cuthberts Mill Bockingford Watercolour Paper
- Whimsy Stamps Family Forever Stamp Set
- Watercolor paints: Sennelier L’Aquarelle, ColorArte Twinkling H20s
- Imagine Crafts VersaMark Ink
- Crystal embossing powder
- Paper adhesive
- container and spray bottle of water, paintbrushes, salt, heat tool, paper trimmer, distressing tool
- 1. Make 4-3/8"x4-3/8" and 4-1/8"x4-1/8" side-fold white cards for orange/red and blue/purple notecards. Cut 4-1/8"x4-1/8" ombre panels for orange/red notecards and 4"x4" ombre panels for blue/purple notecards. Cut 4"x4" panels for orange/red notecards and 3-7/8"x 3-7/8" panels for blue/purple notecards from watercolor paper.
- 2. Stamp tree image onto watercolor panel using VersaMark ink. Apply embossing powder; heat set.
- 3. Choose three-color palette. Spray watercolor panel with water. Beginning in upper left corner and working to bottom right, wash colors across panel in bands, blending one color into next using paintbrush. (Note: Orange/red cards feature Twinkling H20s paint and were sprinkled with salt for added texture.) Wet paintbrush as needed. Let panels dry completely. Distress edges.
- 4. Layer and adhere painted panels on corresponding panels and then on card bases.