Pattern - It's a Beautiful Day Mixed Media Card
- 1. Apply Vintage Silhouette paper to card front using Decou-Page; let dry. Mix (2:1) mixture of Cobalt Teal Hue + Translucent White on palette; apply wash to entire card front. Blend small amount of Payne's Grey in corners.
- 2. Print out patterns and transfer to card front.
- 3. Wash Green Gold over dotted Paisley Punch paper using flat brush; let dry. Punch circles from paper; arrange and overlap circles onto card front for tree top. Adhere in place using Decou-Page.
- 4. Position Split Angles stencil on bottom left of card front. Randomly apply Quinacridone Magenta to stencil using sponge. Let set; remove stencil. Reapply stencil to top right of card front; repeat stenciling. Let dry.
- 5. Paint trunk and branches Burnt Umber using round. Add highlights and shadows with Payne's Grey. Rinse brush. Paint bicycle frame Yellow Oxide using round. Paint wheels, spokes, seat, and handlebars Payne's Grey using round. Let dry. Add Burnt Umber highlights on bike frame and spokes. Paint ground below tree and bicycle wash of Green Gold + Yellow Oxide.
- 6. Print sentiment onto paper. Apply wash of Yellow Oxide; let dry. Cut out sentiment and adhere above bicycle using Decou-Page. Mix small amount of Cobalt Teal Hue + Payne's Grey on palette; outline and add dots around sentiment boxes using round. Rinse brush. Add Green Gold dots around tree using round.
- 1. Let surface dry completely between painting steps.