“Spring Has Sprung” Card in a Box
Create a fun card to get family and friends in the mood for spring after such a long winter season. Making your first card-in-a-box will take a little time, but it will be worth it.
- American Crafts Cardstock: Yellow, colors of choice
- Coordinating patterned papers: honeycomb, floral
- Embellishments (optional): self-adhesive gems, ribbon, glitter
- Xyron Adhesives: 3” Sticker Maker, 5” Creative Station, Double-Sided High Tack Tape
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Machine with a2 Awesome Box Card (56154) SVG File
- Miss Kate Cuttables Spring Has Sprung SVG File
- scissors, computer, scoring tool
- 1. Download SVG files onto cutting machine. Cut out card box base and dividers from yellow cardstock, two large back panels and three side panels from honeycomb paper, and three flap panels from floral paper.
- 2. Run all panels through Xyron 3" Sticker Maker or 5" Creative Station with permanent adhesive.
- 3. Score box and dividers; set dividers aside. Fold box and adhere side panels, flap panels, and outer back panel to box as shown using Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape.
- 4. Finish box by adhering tab inside tall back panel with Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape; adhere second large back panel to cover tab.
- 5. Apply Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape to divider flaps; insert into box and adhere. Fold card flat and finger press
- 6. Cut out Spring Has Sprung Set in desired cardstock colors; run all pieces through Xyron 3" Sticker Maker. Assemble and layer cuts according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 7. Place and arrange cutouts in card. Cutouts can be adhered directly to dividers and box or elevated with yellow cardstock "posts" adhered to the dividers. (Note: Fold card flat after each design addition to see how it affects foldability.)
- 8. Add embellishments as desired.
- 1. Decorating is personal and placement is key. Make sure your box closes flat, with very little sticking out when closed. This will allow it to fit easily in the mailing envelope. The best part? It is made easier by using Xyron Adhesives.
Front View Flat
Back View Flat