Sewing Machine Card & Ribbon Spool Gift
The Cutting Café
sizes: card, 5-1/2"x5"; spool, 3"x4"
- Cardstock: white, kraft, white glitter, red
- Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny Double Dot Tutu, Echo Park Paper Co. Sweet Girl Journaling Cards
- Hero Arts Red Gemstones
- Pebbles Button Candy Dots Red Reart-Shaped Buttons, two
- Silver triangular charm
- Ribbon: sheer red polka dot, red plaid flounced, sheer hot pink geometric
- Blue rick rack
- Thin white twine
- Small blue fabric flower
- Red felt heart
- Decorative stickpin
- Fiskars Heidi Grace Cherrywood Lane Clear Stamp
- Bosskut Gazelle Personal Die-Cutting Machine
- The Cutting Cafe Cutting Templates: Sewing Machine Set, Ribbon Spool Treat Set
- Marvy Uchida Clever Lever Heart Craft Punch
- Sewing machine with thread
- Ink pads: Clearsnap Charcoal ColorBox, Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Wheat VersaMagic
- Pens: Zig Memory System Black Writer, Sakura Gelly Roll Classic White
- Ranger Stickles Frosted Lace Glitter Glue
- Adhesives: double-sided adhesive tape runner, adhesive dots
- scissors, computer with printer, pinking shears, paper distresser
- Greeting Card
- 1. Download cutting template in desired format. Using Gazelle, die cut sewing machine card front, back, and presser foot from white cardstock, machine base center and hand wheel from white glitter cardstock, sewing machine center from Double Dot Tutu paper, thread spool from red cardstock, and thread guide from kraft cardstock.
- 2. Distress pieces by inking with Charcoal ink and roughing edges with distresser. Using Charcoal ink, stamp flowers along side of sewing machine center.
- 3. Adhere presser foot to card front using tape runner. Adhere sewing machine center to card front, placing adhesive on center. Machine-sew around edge of sewing machine center.
- 4. Adhere machine base to card front using tape runner. Machine-sew around edges.
- 5. Adhere remaining cut pieces to card front, adding highlights with pen.
- 6. Adhere red plaid ribbon from right side of card front toward left, ending before presser foot.
- 7. Hand cut square from kraft paper using pinking shears. Distress edges with inks. Machine-sew around edges using red thread. Fold end over and adhere to card front over end of red plaid ribbon.
- 8. Create and print sentiment in font of choice using computer and printer. Cut out, distress edges with inks, mat with kraft paper, and adhere to card front. Highlight with pens. Tie bow with red polka dot ribbon; adhere to card front with adhesive dot.
- 9. Punch out heart from red cardstock. Distress and ink edges. Adhere to card front above presser foot. Adhere buttons, gemstone, and red felt heart to card front.
- 10. Add additional pen highlights as desired. Apply Stickles to stamped flower centers.
- 11. Adhere card front to card back, applying adhesive only in upper 1/3 of card, using tape runner.
- Ribbon Spool Gift
- 1. Download cutting template in desired format. Using Gazelle, die cut Ribbon Spool Treat Box from kraft cardstock. Distress front edges with inks; highlight with pens. Assemble box and spool according to directions.
- 2. Cut panel of Journaling Card paper to fit inner box spool; adhere to box. Adhere rick rack above and below panel.
- 3. Create sentiments in font of choice using computer and printer. Hand cut into tag shapes. Embellish with pens.
- 4. Tie white twine through charm jump ring. Adhere lower sentiment and charm to box front.
- 5. Tie hot pink geometric ribbon in bow; adhere to box with adhesive dot. Adhere blue flower and sentiment tag to center of bow with adhesive dot.
- 6. Wrap ribbon around spool; secure with stick pin threaded through ribbon tag.