Original Species Card
- Brown card, 5-1/2”x5-1/2”
- Glossy white cardstock
- Watch crystal
- Old key
- Coordinating fibers
- Stamps: Scarab Collage (Stamp Francisco); Original sentiment (Innovative Stamp Creations)
- Ink pads*: Jet Black Archival; Clear Resist Pad
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks*: Butterscotch; Cranberry; Gold Metallic Mixative; Blending Solution
- Diamond Glaze (Judi-Kins)
- Antique Gold Rub ‘n Buff (AMACO)
- Melt Art*: Clear Ultra-Thick Embossing Enamel [UTEE]; UTEE Flex
- The Melting Pot*
- Inkssentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet*
- Circle punch, 1/16”
- Craft-dedicated measuring cup and teaspoon
- 1. Dispense three to four drops each of Butterscotch and Cranberry ink onto non-stick craft sheet, then add two drops of Gold Metallic and two drops of blending solution.
- 2. Cut glossy cardstock to 3-1/4"x4-1/4" and place facedown on top of blended inks. Smear cardstock around slightly while lifting it up. Stamp black Scarab Collage; tear top and bottom edges. Adhere to card.
- 3. Place 1/2 c. clear UTEE, 1/2 tsp. UTEE Flex and two drops of Butterscotch ink into melting pot; follow manufacturer's instructions to melt mixture.
- 4. Ink sentiment stamp on resist pad; leave stamp on pad. Pour small amount of melted UTEE onto craft sheet and press stamp into it. Let UTEE cool, then remove stamp by pulling straight up. Use fi ngers to highlight impression with Rub‘n Buff; adhere piece to card.
- 5. Apply a circle of Diamond Glaze the same diameter as the watch crystal over one Scarab Collage image; press crystal to glaze. Punch two small holes near upper left corner of card front. Adhere key to card with Diamond Glaze. Thread fibers through holes in card and tie around key.