Hugs & Smiles Card
Chevron prints and light-colored vellum create this colorful floral design. Follow the step-out photos to achieve the same look when blending ink and marker pigments.
- Cardstock: Canvas Corp. Vellum; Amuse Studios Bermuda, Sugar
- Paper: Amuse Studios Bermuda Chevron Pattern, My Mind’s Eye Pattern
- Cartwright’s Sequins: blue, yellow
- Rhinestones, 2mm and 3mm: gold, silver
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-cutting Machine and Dies: (S4-114) Standard Circles SM, (S4-116) Standard Circles SM, (S4-124) Classic Scalloped Circles LG
- Gina K. Designs Year of Flowers 2 and Tag Lines Stamp Sets
- Corner rounder punch
- Inks: Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Versamark, Gina K. Designs Grass Green and Sweet Corn
- Markers: Stampin’ Up! Old Olive, Marvy Uchida LePlume II Brilliant Yellow
- White embossing powder
- Adhesives: Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, 3-D foam tabs
- scoring tool, paper trimmer, scissors, cotton swab
- 1. Size is 6"x 3-1/2".
- Hugs & Smiles Card
- 1. Make 6"x3-1/2" top-fold card from Sugar cardstock. Round bottom left corner.
- 2. Cut chevron pattern paper to 5-3/4"x3-1/4"; round bottom left corner. Die cut LG #5 Classic Scalloped Circle into right side as shown.
- 3. Mat chevron paper to Bermuda cardstock; round bottom corner. Die cut SM #4 Nesting Circle into cardstock as shown; layer together and adhere.
- 4. Stamp image and leaves on vellum paper; emboss with white embossing powder. Apply dye ink to image and blend as desired using cotton swab. Add details with marker; blend with cotton swab. See Photos 1-4.
- 5. Adhere vellum paper image behind open circles on Bermuda panel. Adhere to card base using foam tabs.
- 6. Make scallop circle frame from white cardstock by die cutting LG #3 Nesting Scallop Circle and SM #4 Circle; adhere around circle opening.
- 7. Fussy cut vellum leaves and adhere.
- 8. Trim pattern paper scraps into flag shape and adhere. Stamp sentiment, trim, and adhere using foam tabs.
- 9. Add sequin and rhinestone accents below flag, scalloped circle, and on flower center using liquid glue.
- 1. Adhere image panel to card base using foam tabs to allow light behind the vellum image.