Hoo's Having a Birthday Card
- Cardstock (Stampin’ Up!): Chocolate Chip; Real Rust; River Rock; Whisper White; Very Vanilla
- Stripe patterned (Cosmo Cricket)
- Brown twill ribbon
- Brown brads, three
- Stamps: The Carolyn King Collection I (Gina K. Designs); Baroque Motifs (Stampin’ Up!)
- Ink pads: Chocolate Chip, Basic Black Classic Stampin’ dye pads (Stampin’ Up!); VersaMark (Tsukineko)
- Copic Markers (Imagination International)
- Clear embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Cuttlebug Die Cutter & Embosser and Swirl Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
- Craft punches (Stampin’ Up!): Photo Corner; Slit
- Distressing tool
- Foam sponge
- Dimensional adhesive dots
- 1. Cut dark brown cardstock to 5"x10"; score and fold in half.
- 2. Cut following paper squares: 4-5/8" cream; 4-3/8" rust; 4-3/16" striped. Adhere squares together but not to card.
- 3. Punch striped photo corner and mat on dark brown; adhere to layered squares and insert brad.
- 4. Cut 2"x4-3/16" beige strip and emboss with swirls. Distress edges with distressing tool. Mat strip on rust cardstock. Wrap twill around center of layered panel, securing ends at back. Tie small bow and adhere to front.
- 5. Use slit punch to create scalloped dark brown border strip; adhere to bottom edge of panel created in Step 4. Adhere piece to card.
- 6. Stamp black owl onto white cardstock; color with markers and cut out. Tap VersaMark ink pad over entire image and sprinkle with embossing powder; heat set.
- 7. Stamp brown flourish onto cream cardstock; trim into rectangle. Sponge edges with brown ink. Adhere owl image to swirl with adhesive dots. Mat on dark brown, rust and dark brown cardstock. Adhere to card.
- 8. Stamp brown sentiment onto cream cardstock; cut into strip. Sponge edges with brown ink. Mat on rust cardstock and insert brads. Adhere to card.