Celebrate the Season Window Card
Midwest Products Co., Inc.
- White card blank, 3”x8” (Royal & Langnickel)
- Birch Plywood, 1/64”x6”x12” (Midwest Products Co., Inc.)
- Basswood Strip, 1/16”x3/32”x24” (Midwest Products Co., Inc.)
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Deep Burgundy; Golden Straw; True Red; Glorious Gold Dazzling Metallics
- Americana Spray Matte Finish (DecoArt)
- Square shader (#150-10SG) Brush (Royal & Langnickel)
- Stamps: Celebrate the Season (Inkadinkado); Holiday Titles (My Sentiments Exactly!)
- Jumbo Rollagraph Handle and Ancient Page Pine Ink Cartridge (Clearsnap)
- Jumbo Holly Border Stamp Wheel (Clearsnap)
- Top Boss Embossing Ink Pad and Gold Embossing Powder (Clearsnap)
- Ancient Page Cardinal Ink Pad (Clearsnap)
- Watercolor Pencils (Royal & Langnickel)
- Super Easy Cutter (Midwest Products Co., Inc.)
- Hobby & Craft Ruler (Midwest Products Co., Inc.)
- Fine Grit Super Sander (Midwest Products Co., Inc.)
- Sizzix Die-Cut Machine and Candles Die (Ellison)
- 1. Insert Pine cartridge and Holly Border wheel into handle; be sure ink cartridge is fully engaged. Keeping wheel flat on stamping surface, practice pulling or pushing technique on scrap paper.
- 2. Place card on scrap paper. Begin and end off card for best results, pulling or pushing wheel from one side to the other. Punch out squares from card. Use red pencil to color berries.
- 3. Die cut one large and three small candles from birch plywood. Basecoat candles True Red and flames Golden Straw. Sand and wipe away dust. Apply second coat for opaque coverage.
- 4. Side load brush with True Red, dipping other corner of brush into water to "float" color across bottom of each flake. Repeat with Deep Burgundy down right side of each candle. Let dry; mist with matte finish.
- 5. Measure and cut six 2" basswood pieces; basecoat Glorious Gold and let dry.
- 6. Stamp and emboss "Celebrate the Season" on left bottom side of envelope, using photo as a guide. Glue large candle to envelope and small candles inside card windows. Glue gold strips along window opening edges.
- 7. Stamp red "Happy Holidays" sentiment inside card.