By the Seashore Card
By the Seashore Card
- Cardstock (Stampin’ Up!): Chocolate Chip; Creamy Caramel; Soft Sky; Whisper White; Very Vanilla; Barely Banana
- Antique brass metal, two each: eyelets; brads
- Yellow gem sticker
- Hemp cord
- Stamps: By the Seashore set (My Favorite Things); Flannel Plaid, Weathered Wood background (Stampin’ Up!)
- Ink pads: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Soft Sky dye (Stampin’ Up!); Graphite Black Brilliance, VersaMark pigment (Tsukineko)
- Markers: assorted Copic colors (Imagination International); Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker (Stampin’ Up!)
- Clear embossing powder
- Oval cutter or template, 4”
- Craft punches (Stampin’ Up!): Word Window; Circle, 1-3/8”
- Heat tool
- Paper distressing tool
- Small sponge
- Dimensional adhesive dots
- 1. Cut following pieces from cardstock: 4-1/2" square and 5"x10" brown; 4-3/4" square tan; 4-1/4" square blue; 4-1/8" square white. Punch 1-3/8" circle from yellow.
- 2. Score and fold 5"x10" card in half. Stamp Chocolate Chip plaid background on tan square; adhere to card. Adhere 4-1/2" brown square to center of card.
- 3. Stamp Old Olive wood background on blue square. Cut 4" oval from center as shown. Distress edges of opening using distressing tool; ink edges with brown marker.
- 4. Set eyelets in bottom of blue square and tie hemp through holes. Stamp sentiment on cream cardstock; punch out with Word Window and ink edges with brown marker. Adhere sentiment above opening; insert brads at each end.
- 5. Use black ink to stamp girl/dog, shells and roosting bird on remaining white cardstock. Using photo as guide, color images with markers. Use craft knife to carefully cut out images.
- 6. Cover images with VersaMark ink, one at a time, and heat emboss using clear embossing powder.
- 7. Sponge upper two-thirds of white square with Soft Sky ink; sponge lower third with More Mustard and Chocolate Chip inks for sand. Ink edges of yellow circle More Mustard.
- 8. Cut three 1-1/2"x4-1/8" strips from Soft Sky cardstock. Tear bottom long edge of each strip to create graduated layers from 1/2" to 1" wide. Distress lower edge of each piece, using fingers to curl edges forward to look like waves. Adhere strips to white square as shown. Adhere sun to background. Stamp black birds at right above horizon.
- 9. Adhere blue square over white background. Use dimensional adhesive dots to adhere stamped images to card as shown. Adhere yellow gem sticker to girl's hatband.