A Star Is Born Card & Envelope
- Cardstock: brown; white
- Patterned (Die Cuts With a View): Nana’s Kids Train Stripe Glitter; Nana’s Kids Embossed Blue Dots; White Glitter
- Brown kraft wrapping paper
- Brown/white polka dot ribbon
- Chipboard stars, three (Scenic Route Paper Co.)
- Red buttons, two
- White embroidery floss
- Cricut Expression Electronic Cutter and New Arrival Cartridge (ProvoCraft)
- White gel pen
- Sewing machine and white thread
- 1. Using electronic cutter, cut 4-1/2"x6" envelope from kraft paper. Trace envelope flap onto striped paper and cut out; adhere to front of envelope flap. Fold envelope and adhere seams.
- 2. Cut 4"x5-1/2" (4"x11" when flat) stroller card from brown cardstock. Cut stroller basket from striped paper; cut scalloped trim and stroller interior from blue dot paper. Adhere paper pieces to card front.
- 3. Sew straight stitch around card front along striped basket edge; sew a few lines of zigzag stitching on basket.
- 4. Cover two chipboard stars with white glitter paper and one with striped paper. Adhere white stars to card front and envelope flap; adhere striped star inside card.
- 5. Thread buttons with white floss and knot ends at front; adhere buttons to wheels. Tie ribbon bow and adhere to tip of star on card front.
- 6. Print "A Star Is Born" on white cardstock by hand or computer; cut into two strips and adhere to card front over star. Print "Congratulations" on white cardstock, cut into strip and mat on blue dot paper; adhere inside card over star.
- 7. Dot card and envelope here and there with white gel pen.
- 1. Other fun template shapes on this cartridge include animals, vehicles and baby gear.
- 2. Deeper colors are perfect for autumn babies; switch to pastels for springtime or brights for summer.
- 3. Adhere single layer cut-out to a paper cup to make an easy, instant shower favor.