Wishing You Sunny Days Card
Heartfelt Creations (www.heartfeltcreations.us)
Cheer up a friend with this classic sunflower card.
- Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower Paper Collection (HCDP1 247)*
- Cardstock: white, burnt orange
- Watercolor paper
- Beads: U.S. Artquest Spring Bling Mini Prills Collection (AND850)*, seed beads
- White pearls
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine (452255)*
- Dies: Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower (HCD 753)*, Classic Leaf (HCD 736)*; Spellbinders 5x7 Heirloom Legacy
- Heartfelt Creations PreCut Stamp Sets: Chick Retreat (HCPC 3631)*, Classic Sunflower (HCPC 3626), Open Leaf (HCPC 3545)
- McGill Paper Tools*: Paper Blossoms Tool Kit (459222), Paper Blossoms Molding Mat (159223), Paper Shaping Tools and Piercing Mat (048749)
- Water brush
- Ink Pads: Ranger Jet Black Archival, clear embossing
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Markers
- White embossing powder
- Paper adhesive
- *Products available from Heartfelt Creations
- paper trimmer, scissors, heat tool, scoring tool, repositionable tape, scissors
- 1. Card is 5"x7".
- Wishing You Sunny Days Card
- 1. Die cut 5"x7" Heirloom Legacy from white cardstock, adding oval in die center to create cutout. Mat with burnt orange cardstock with center removed using same oval die.
- 2. Cut 5"x7-1/2" panel from burnt orange cardstock. Score 1/2" from top (short side). Fold on score and adhere flap to back of panel created in Step 1.
- 3. Stamp Chick Retreat on watercolor paper using black ink. Color with markers; adhere to inside of card.
- 4. Stamp Classic Sunflower on watercolor paper using clear embossing ink. Emboss with white embossing powder; heat set. Color with markers. Create die template for Classic Sunflower die. (Note: Watch this video to learn how to make die templates: http://youtu.be/sYJYTBs2kDA.) Die cut sunflowers using template technique. Adhere beads to flower centers
- 5. Stamp three leaf sets on watercolor paper; die cut out. Mold leaves and cut apart if needed.
- 6. Stamp sentiment on watercolor paper; trim as desired. Lightly color edges with markers, then blend toward center using water brush.
- 7. Using photo as guide, assemble flowers and leaves; adhere to card front. Adhere extra sunflowers and leaves inside oval to fill front of card.
- 8. Adhere white pearls to die cut card front as shown.
- 1. Watch this video to learn how to shape the flowers: youtu.be/faTpandFJLI