Steampunk Embossed Dahlias Card
- Smooth cardstock: Neenah Environment Desert Storm 100-lb., white
- Ranger Sticky-Back Canvas
- American Crafts Bazzill White Vellum, 40-lb.
- Penny Black Dahlias Stamp Set (30-159)
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft: Steampunk Gelatos Set (770164), Stamper’s Big White Pen (770013), Glass Bead Glitter Gel (770317), Collapsible Water Cup (770310)
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad
- WOW! Embossing Powders: Copper, Brass
- Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L White Crafty Foam Tape, paper adhesive
- paper trimmer, bone folder, heat tool, foam paintbrush
- 1. Make 5-1/2"x4-1/4" tan top-fold card; set aside.
- 2. Cut 5-1/2"x4-1/4" canvas panel. Rub Gelatos color onto canvas in stripes. Wet stripes with foam brush to blend colors. Let dry completely.
- 3. Cut 5-1/2"x4-1/4" white cardstock panel. Peel backing from canvas; adhere canvas to cardstock panel.
- 4. Stamp flower images onto canvas as shown using watermark ink. Apply Copper embossing powder to large flower and Brass embossing powder to small flowers; heat set.
- 5. Add highlights to petals using pen. Dab small amouts of glitter gel in flower centers; let dry. (Note: Avoid using heat to speed-up drying time on gel as product could bubble.)
- 6. Cut 1"-wide vellum strip. Stamp sentiment on strip using watermark ink. Sprinkle with Copper embossing powder; heat set. Wrap strip around main panel, adhering on back. Trim as necessary.
- 7. Apply small amount of glitter gel near sentiment in corner of panel; let dry.
- 8. Adhere panel to card using foam tape.