Small Surprise Presentation Card
Whimsy Stamps (whimsystamps.com)
Follow this simple tutorial to create a greeting card that also hides a sweet treat!
- Cardstock: white, coordinating colors
- Echo Park Paper Co. Winter Wishes Collection Papers
- Decorative buttons: snowflakes, snowman
- Rhinestone brads
- White organza ribbon
- Miniature candy bars
- Die-cutting machine
- Dies: Spellbinders Standard Circles and Petite Scalloped Circles, Whimsy Stamps Layered Snowflakes and Snowflake Mini Seal
- Whimsy Stamps Stamps: Mr. Frosty, Christmas Sayings
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Markers: Copic, Letraset Promarker
- Hero Arts Ultra Fine Prisma Glitter
- Adhesives: Scor-Pal Scor-Tape, Collall All-Purpose Glue, foam tape
- bone folder, ruler, paper trimmer, scissors, paper piercer
- 1. Measure candy bars to make pockets. Sample candy bar stacks were 1-3/4" wide x 3/4" high, and each bar was 3-1/4" tall. Cut pocket panels 51/2" wide (2x width + 2x stack height + 1/2" overlap) and 4" long (bar height + stack height). See Photo 1. Repeat for second pocket.
- 2. Score pocket panel horizontally at 3/4" (stack height). Beginning toward center of panel (precise centering is not necessary as overlap was added), make two vertical score lines 1-3/4" apart (bar width) for center panel. Score panel vertically again 3/4" (stack height) to the left and right of center panel. Repeat for second pocket.
- 3. Clip each vertical score line from outer edge to horizontal score line. Repeat for second pocket. See Photo 2.
- 4. Wrap pocket panels around candy bar stacks, adhering back along overlap. At bottom, fold in narrow tabs then wider tabs and adhere for a more finished look. See Photo 3.
- 5. Cut 12"x6" white cardstock panel. Along 12" sides, use bone folder to score at 5-5/8" and 6-3/8" to create 3/4" spine. (Note: Card spine width equals stack height. Adjust for your stack measurements.)
- 6. Adhere ribbon ties to center of front and back card panels along outer edge.
- 7. Cut paper panels for card front, back and spine as shown. See Photos 4 and 5. Mat panels with cardstock to fit, adhering with glue. (Note: Double-matting paper panels will make card more rigid and sturdy.)
- 8. Cut paper panels to cover pocket fronts; adhere. Adhere stacks to card.
- 9. Stamp snowman image on white cardstock; color with markers. Die cut with circle, mat with die cut scalloped circle.
- 10. Die cut snowflakes and circles from cardstock and paper, embellishing with glitter and stamps as desired. Combine into layered stacks using adhesive or rhinestone brads. Adhere additional embellishments to card as desired, including ribbon bows, snowflake stacks, and decorative buttons. Tie closed with ribbons. See Photos 6 and 7. (Tutorial Image 1 and 7)
- 1. Select a candy treat of your choice and then use it to create measurements for your desired greeting card size and treat-holder pockets.