Elegant Holiday Cards
Penny Black, Inc.
sizes: wreath, 3-1/4"x6-1/2"; poinsettia, 4"x4-1/2"; tree, 3-1/4"x5-1/4"; peace, 4-1/4"x4-3/4"
- Storm Light Cardstock (01-001)*
- Nature’s Splendor Stickers (10-223)*
- Self-adhesive embellishments: pearls, enamel dots
- Twine: yellow, red
- Die-cutting system of choice
- Creative Dies*: Holly Berries (51-019), Snowflake Trio (51-015), Fancy Flourish (51-02)0, Love & Joy (51-021)
- Stamps*: Footnotes (30-238), Textures (30-240)
- Acrylic block
- Ink Pads: Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Lady Bug and Desert Sand Memento, Peanut Brittle Memento Luxe, Crimson Red VersaFine; Ranger Vermilion, Saffron, Rose Madder, Viridian, and Sap Green Archival
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gesso
- Ranger Inkssentials Blending Tool and Ink Blending Foam
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, dimensional foam, EK Success ZIG Memory System Glue Pen
- * Products available from Penny Black, Inc.
- paper trimmer, scissors, paintbrush
- Wreath Card
- 1. Make 3-1/4"x6-1/2" white side-fold card.
- 2. Adhere wreath sticker to cardstock. Trim, leaving small white border around sticker edge.
- 3. Ink red background onto cardstock using Peanut Brittle, Lady Bug, and Vermilion inks, blending with sponge tool. Stamp with Footnotes dotted strip using Crimson Red ink until covered. Trim to 3"x6-1/2" panel.
- 4. Die cut holly branches from cardstock.
- 5. Adhere red panel to card. Adhere die cut holly to card. Adhere sticker panel to card using foam adhesive.
- 6. Embellish holly branch with enamel dots.
- Tree Card
- 1. Make 3-3/4"x5-1/4" white side-fold card.
- 2. Adhere tree sticker to cardstock. Trim, leaving small white border around sticker edge.
- 3. Cut 3-1/2" square cardstock panel. Stamp with Footnotes text using Peanut Brittle ink. Lightly paint gesso over stamping to create white-washed effect.
- 4. Cut 3-1/2"x2" strip of cardstock. Blend Rose Madder, Peanut Brittle, and Desert Sand inks on cardstock to create red background.
- 5. Adhere text and red panels to card, trimming red panel as necessary. Cut strip of white cardstock to cover seam where panels meet; adhere to card.
- 6. Adhere sticker panel to card using foam adhesive.
- 7. Die cut two snowflakes from cardstock; adhere to card.
- 8. Tie yellow twine bow; adhere bow and pearls to snowflake as shown.
- Peace Card
- 1. Make 4-3/4"x4-1/4" white top-fold card.
- 2. Cut 4-3/4"x4-1/4" cardstock panel. Ink with Sap Green; blend. Stamp Textures screen along top edge using Veridian ink. Add Peanut Brittle ink accents to panel as shown. Adhere to card.
- 3. Adhere sticker to cardstock. Trim, leaving small white border at top and bottom only. Adhere to card.
- 4. Die cut sentiment from white cardstock three times. Align die cuts and adhere together using glue pen.
- 5. Wrap red twine around card front three times; tie in bow.
- 6. Adhere sentiment to card using foam adhesive. Adhere pearl to bow.
- Poinsettia Card
- 1. Make 4"x4-3/4" white side-fold card.
- 2. Cut 3-3/4"x4-1/2" cardstock panel. Ink with Saffron. Stamp Textures herringbone across panel using Peanut Brittle ink. Adhere to card.
- 3. Adhere poinsettia sticker to cardstock. Trim, leaving small white border around sticker edge.
- 4. Die cut two flourishes from cardstock.
- 5. Adhere bases of die cuts to back of sticker panel, wrapping flourishes around front of panel. Adhere panel to card using foam adhesive.
- 6. Embellish with large white enamel dots.