For a Special You! Card & Pin
Say it with Daisies! Let your loved ones know how truly special they are with this hand-painted daisy card and pin.
- Cardstock: manila, aqua blue
- White watercolor paper
- Forster Woodsies, seven each: small teardrops, circles, 3/8"
- Pin back, 7/8"
- Pink satin ribbon, 1/4"-wide
- Plaid FolkArt Arcylic Paints: Linen, Baby Pink, Berry Wine, Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre, Thicket, Italian Sage
- Plaid FolkArt 1-stroke Brushes: Flat, 1/2", 3/4"; Round, #5
- Plaid FolkArt Extender
- Adhesives: Plaid All Night Media Mini Pop Dots, paper adhesive
- craft knife or scissors, ruler
- 1. Add extender to paint as necessary. Allow paint to fully dry between applications.
- Daisy Card
- 1. Fold and cut white watercolor paper to 5-1/2" square. Position card so it opens from bottom. Using 3/4" flat, paint Linen strokes fanning out from bottom right corner. Use round brush to paint Baby Pink daisies on card front. Paint as many as desired, making one a half daisy as shown. Shade with Berry Wine and embellish each petal with Berry Wine straight from bottle. Paint leaves Italian Sage, using the 1/2" flat. Shade and embellish with Thicket.
- 2. Draw wavy line pattern onto manilla cardstock. Cut into two triangles, folding one edge over on each as shown. Cut a frame from aqua cardstock the size of folded card, 3/8"-wide. Glue to card front, inserting manila triangles to create wrapper for daisy bouquet. Write sentiment on white watercolor paper scrap; trim and insert behind manila cardstock as shown. Secure with pop dot. Tie bow; glue to card.
- Daisy Pin
- 1. Paint 7 teardrops Baby Pink; shade and embellish with Berry Wine. Paint circles Yellow Ochre; shade and dot with Burnt Umber. Cut one circle in half. Cut a 5/8" circle from cardstock. Glue teardrops to circle backing, then glue wood circle to top of petals for daisy center. Glue remaining circles and circle half to daisies on card.
- 1. Glue pin back to wooden daisy. Cut two holes for pin back through front of card, then insert pin.