Artist Trading Cards Steampunk Valentines
size: ATC, 2-1/2"x3-1/2"; shadow box, 11"x11"
Heart Shaped Card
- Large, heart-shaped candy box
- Cardstock: white; black
- Text pages from old book
- White printer-weight paper
- Tooth-lock washer
- Black grosgrain ribbon, 7/8"
- Oxford Impressions stamp sets: Steampunk Elements; The Dressmaker; Bonbon; My Story; Fairy Sweets
- Ranger ink pads: Archival Jet Black; Adirondack dye in Sunshine Yellow, Pool, Sailboat Blue and Stonewashed
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Sunshine Yellow; Stream
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio line: Gesso; Matte Multi-Medium
- Ranger Adirondack Pitch Black Acrylic Paint Dabber
- Ranger Inkssentials line: Cut 'n Dry Foam Nibs; Glossy Accents; Heatit Craft Tool
- Baby wipes
- Flat paintbrush
- Foam adhesive dots
- 1. Cut 2-3/8"x3-3/8" white cardstock panel and 2-1/2"x3-1/2" black mat for each ATC. Cut one additional white panel for words. Tear text pages and adhere collage-style over white cards.
- 2. Using brush, apply gesso over text, varying coverage so text is transparent in some areas, obscured in others. Let dry completely.
- 3. Apply Adirondack inks directly over gesso; wipe away with baby wipe to move and blend inks. Let dry. Apply one coat matte medium; let dry.
- 4. Stamp Jet Black images onto cards, masking as needed. Heat set ink with craft tool. Use foam nib to apply Sunshine Yellow dye ink to hearts and "Love" bracket. Carefully apply matte medium only to inked area; let dry completely.
- 5. Apply final coat of matte medium over entire card. Designer Tip: Although dye ink will not dry when applied over matte medium, it will dry when combined with matte medium. Let dry completely.
- 6. Apply alcohol inks to metal washer. Adhere washer over left "eye" of image using Glossy Accents™; let dry.
- 7. Stamp words and date onto remaining panel. Cut apart and mat on black cardstock.
- 8. Paint outside and edges of heart box Pitch Black; let dry.
- 9. For box background, trace box onto white printer-weight paper; cut out 1/2" beyond traced lines. Stamp black "experiment image" repeatedly over paper, changing direction with each impression. Trim heart just inside traced line. Adhere background inside box. Adhere ribbon around inside edges of box.
- 10. Adhere ATCs inside box, adhering some with foam dots for dimension.